Hey hey, I just realized that I’ve been gone for this amazing platform for more the 4 months, so I’m back from my mini hiatus, sorry.
Anyway, an update on what I’ve been doing since I had disappeared:
• Sketching – Sketching is something that I’ve always wanted to do but never had the motivation? mood? idk… I just couldn’t get myself to sit and start. I once jokingly told my brother, “If I had started drawing when I was a kid, I’d be an artist by now” and the next day he gifted me a sketchbook (bless him). I think that was the push I needed because now, I regularly sketch (finally)
• Exercising – I’ve never been an active person. Always sitting, either to read, write, study sketch, or waste time on the internet. I hate going out and am indoors 70% of the time which explains why I was turning into a potato. So I took matters into my own hands, saved up, got my gym membership and am now trying to workout regularly. I feel too lazy at times but meh.
• Stanning BTS – One of the best things that has happened in my life. Finding BTS was a life changing moment. They are so inspiring and have influenced almost all of my ‘life updates’. They make me wanna better myself and live to my full potential. Most importantly, they’ve thought me how to love myself and how important it is.
• Creating a YT channel – This one is still in the planning process. But basically, the plan is to make a YT channel with my best friends and talk about our day, life in general, vlog, and show life through the perspective of 3 different people.
• Mentorship programme – I entered into a mentorship programme as a mentee. My mentor will give me advices, guidance, help me with what I should do, how and help me unlock my true potential. I still don’t know much about it but we have our induction on the 5th of August. Hope it goes well.
• Learning driving – This is by far, the most scariest thing I’ve tried. I mean, I’m not scared of driving. Its infact, very enjoyable. What I’m scared of is the roads in Mumbai and the crazy people who drive around me. If you don’t already know this, Mumbai traffic is worse than NY traffic and almost no one here follows traffic rules. It’s a nightmare.
• Skin care routine – Recently, I’ve been getting a lot of acne breakouts on my face and it scared me into action. I now follow a proper skin care routine, and include detoxification once in two weeks.
• Strengthening bonds – I used to reply late to messages, leave people on read, back out of hangout plans and ignore calls. Basically, I was the worst friend/person to contact/ ever! I knew it’s a bad thing but I was so caught up with something or the other, god. Been working on that, and trying to reconnect with people whom I lost contact with.
• PEN PAL! – I made a pen pal. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and now finally, I did it. My first ever pen pal. I’m so excited, I can’t. I’m going to shop for art supplies and stationary tomorrow. I also have to click pictures of famous places around Mumbai. I’m planning on adding that with the letters and some goodies because she loves traveling and photography. I can’t wait to get my happy mail (we’re doing it through snail mail).