I would like to thank https://lettersthatmatters.wordpress.com (Letters That Matter) for nominating me, https://flauntingmyflawsome.wordpress.com/ (Celestine) for the Blogger Recognition Award. It’s been an honour.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story about how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
How it started?
To be really honest, it all started with an instagram post. I had once posted a picture of me at a party and someone commented about how teenagers are pathetic and don’t know sh**. In response, I posted https://flauntingmyflawsome.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/freedom/ under another picture. One of my friend read it and asked me to start blogging because it really struck a chord with her. Also, I’m a major introvert so I can’t express myself openly most of the time, so it was a win-win for me. I was a bit apprehensive at first because people on the internet can be really mean sometimes but in the end I was like ‘what can go wrong anyway?’
That’s how I make most of my decisions. And seeing the warm welcome I received here (thanks https://metroandlife.wordpress.com/ for making me feel at ease. I was extremely nervous), I’m really glad I did it.
Advice to Bloggers
- Be yourself. Yes, I know this is an extremely overused piece of advice but, it’s the only way people can really connect with what you’re saying. If you want your post to resonate with someone, be honest with them and be yourself.
- Post for yourself, not them. Let your feelings pour out when you write. Write for yourself. Keep in mind why you started writing in the first place. If you feel strongly about a certain topic, write about it. Your posts should reflect your true image, not the image you want others to see.